E-Design is available to anyone who has a computer. Anywhere!
It’s an affordable alternative to traditional interior design. For a fraction of the price of traditional interior design, you get a customized and professionally decorated room and design that you can implement around your own busy schedule.
Who is E-Design for?
E-Design is perfect for busy families and entrepreneurs who have a home and WANT to have time to make it beautiful. But, there’s always something that comes up and that new rug or styled shelves get put on hold. I can personally speak to how crazy my own life is working part-time and having 3 little children. I don’t have time to arrange meetings with a traditional interior designer and I wouldn’t want to have my to make sure my house was clean before they came over (embarrassing but true!). This process saves so much time and money compared to traditional interior design. The best part is that you can implement your design over time. You don’t have to buy every item at once. Wait for those big sales. Wait for your long weekend. I also love to DIY. That was how this all originally started on my blog. So, this process if perfect for DIYers who just need help putting the whole look together.
Why not choose one of the larger online interior design companies?
We’ve all heard of those large online interior design companies. They offer e-design for a strikingly small payment. And, I understand that route is great for many people. The problem with those companies is they have restrictions – time restrictions and even restrictions on where their designers can source products for you. As an independent designer, I find the products I think are best for you, no matter what store they’re from. And, we work collaboratively on your space over the course of a few weeks. I take my time making sure the design matches your style and that you love your final result. My design is more expensive than larger interior design companies. I can’t avoid that fact. But, with me you’ll get a more tailored approach to your customized design. It’s like working with a local interior designer but with your busy schedule in mind and 100% online.
Who shouldn’t choose E-Design?
Obviously E-design isn’t for everyone. And that’s completely ok! If you need someone to take you shopping, walk you through installation, and implement the design for you, then I would suggest finding a local interior designer. But, if you can measure a room yourself and don’t mind testing out some paint samples, E-design could be perfect for you. Let’s compare E-design versus traditional interior design so you can make the right decision for you (this isn’t a complete list, just a general guideline)
Hire an E-Designer:
- Measure and photograph your own space
- Able to communicate 100% online with E-Designer
- Able to identify design style or products you like/dislike accurately online
- Want the design done quickly (around 4 weeks)
- Able to order products on your own, in your own time, including handling any returns or exchanges
- Able to hire out any tradespeople you may need (i.e. painter, electrician, etc)
- Want to DIY more than you pay others to do
Hire a Traditional Interior Designer:
- You want the experience of an in-home designer
- Prefer someone else take the measurements and photos
- Have the designer order products, arrange installations, and hire out any tradespeople
- Don’t mind if the process takes several months to complete
- Want samples brought to your home
- Have a more extensive renovation (i.e. turning a closet into a bathroom – while E-design can provide a design plan for projects like this, you’ll need an architect/engineer to draw up plans as well as several tradespeople to implement the design)